POLYMER MORTAR is a general purpose non-shrink, cementitious, trowel applied single pack repair mortar for repairs to Concrete sections and Plastered surfaces.
POLYMER MORTAR is composed of good quality cement, properly selected aggregates & additives. It is used & designed for repairing of damaged reinforced concrete elements like columns, beams & structure
Areas of Application
Any General Concrete Repairs areas such as -
- Ceiling surfaces, Wall plaster, facade, etc.
- Concrete substrates
- Patch and Repair Mortars: Grouts for repairing cracks and de-lamination of concrete structures such as sidewalks, driveways, and walls. New mortar will not stick well to old concrete without polymer modification.
Features & Benefits
- Ready to use Cement based Polymer mortar - No need to add sand, cement & aggregates, so saves time & energy
- Needs to be mixed with water only â No additional dispersion liquid is necessary
- High bonding strength âSuitable for overhead surfaces & can also be sprayed
- Multi-purpose â Can be applied on horizontal, vertical and overhead surfaces without any form work and can be used along with plastic or steel fibers
- Low permeability â Offers extremely low permeability to water carbon dioxide and chlorides
- Improved workability. Polymer modification noticeably improves application characteristics, making the mortar more fluid and easier to handle and apply.
- Improved strength and durability. Cured polymer-modified mortars generally have improved tensile strength, flexural strength, impact and abrasion resistance, water resistance, and chemical resistance versus unmodified mortars
- Nature: Cementitious grey powder
- Chloride Content: Nil
- Depth of Carbonation: Nil
- Wet Density: 2250 kg/m3 giving a yield of 13l/25 kgs bag at flowable consistency(W/P = 0.16)
- Flexural Strength: @28 days 25â 10 N/mm2
- Compressive Strength: @28 days 25â 55 N/mm2
- Setting Time: At 20â and 0.13 water to powder ratio (flow consistency).
- Initial set: 6 hours 00 minutes
- Final set: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Alkali content: The presence of non-alkali reactive aggregates ensures its resistance to future expansive reactions and deterioration.
- Bond Strength: The typical shear bond strength at water powder ratio of 0.13 at 20â without any bonding agent is 68 N/mm2 at 28 days.
Method of Application
1. Surface Preparation
Clean the surface and remove loose concrete, dust, oil, paint, grease, waterproof coating, etc. Expose fully any corroded steel in the repair area and remove all scale and corrosion deposits.
Apply MCON STEEL 2K for rust free bars.
Saturate the substrate with water to prevent absorption of water from the mixed material. In case of a very old concrete substrate, it should be primed by applying one coat of BOND APL + WATER (1:1) as Bonding Agent. Allow the bonding agent to reach tacky condition before applying of Polymer Mortar.
Use Mechanical Mixer for mixing of MCON POLYMER MORTAR.
Charge 85-90 % of clean & potable mixing water (3.75 to 4 liters per 25 kg bag) to a Mixer.
Start addition of powder slowly under continuous mixing. Keep mixing for 2 minutes. Add balance quantity 15 â 20% of mixing water & again mix for another 2-3 minutes to form a homogeneous, free flowing, uniform & lump-free mix.
25 kg in moisture-resistant bags.
Storage and Shelf Life
6 months from manufacture in original unopened bags if stored in dry conditions.
MCON POLYMER MORTAR is a cementitious alkaline product. Care should be taken to avoid contact with eyes, skin, mouth and food stuff. Any splashes on the human body must be washed with plenty of water.